Post by Susan Peabody on Oct 8, 2022 9:15:50 GMT -8
Remember . . .
Creating a relationship with your Higher Power means you have access to serenity and peace of mind when everything in your life gets rough. When you do feel better give your Higher Power some credit and he/she will be there for you during the next crisis. Here is a list that I created of how to stay intimate with your Higher Power.
12 Ways to Improve Your Relationship with God
1. Meditation Get quiet and listen to God through your feelings and intuition.
2. Prayer Talk to God (out loud or in your head) as if you were talking to a close, personal friend.
3. Humility God is a higher power. You are a lesser power. You know this. You are humbled by it.
4. Study Read, write, learn, listen.
5. Simplicity Slow down. Experience and appreciate the simple things in life—nature, music, friends.
6. Solitude Take some time to be alone and listen to your own inner music. Putter around your nest.
7. Submission Surrender everything to God—as you understand God.
8. Service Reach out to people in need and give of yourself and your resources.
9. Confession Find someone you can trust and confide your deepest, darkest secrets to them. Release the shame.
10. Worship Be in awe of your Higher Power. Bow your head—metaphorically or literally. Be thankful for the grace that has been freely given to you.
11. Celebration Be grateful! Raise your hands in joy and celebration. Sing, dance and be merry.
12. Guidance Work with a mentor who is in constant contact God.